Thursday, September 22, 2005

Slip of the Tongue

Guest Anecdote


I received this email earlier this week from an alumnus, thought it well worth sharing:


I was teaching approximately 30 students and we were working in a computer lab.  At the end of the session, I reminded them to log off the computer so that another learner could use the machine.  Unfortunately, 'learner' and 'use' sort of blended together in my mouth and I ended up telling the class to log off so that another group of 'losers' could use the machines!!  Now, I must say that I don't remember this sort of moment being covered in my B.Ed program as to how to handle such things gracefully?!?  Fortunately the class had a good sense of humour and thought it was hilarious - I was mortified but managed to recover and laugh about it - and I'm sure that they'll remember that particular class!!
 


I hope that you're both well and enjoying the start of a new semester!


Theresa Bell

College Instructor



(Reprinted with permission)

No comments: